Our topic for the period Monday 30th October – Friday 1st December will be: On The Farm
The areas we will be covering are:
- Animal names, male, female and babies and animal noises.
- What happens on the farm
- Why do we have farms
- What food and products do farm animals give us
- Farm machinery.
The books we will be using are:
- First Facts: Farm, Dorling Kindersley
- Farmer Duck by Martin Waddell & Helen Oxenbury
- A selection of fiction and non-fiction books about farms
To help us with this topic we would like you to:
- Go to the library and find other books about farms
- Talk to your child about farmyard animals, including what noises they make and what farm animal babies are called (foals, calves, piglets).
Talk to your child about the jobs of different farm animals (chickens lay eggs, sheep give us wool etc)
Family Learning Project – Due Friday 1st December
Please bake a cake with your child using: EGGS/MILK/FLOUR and talk about where milk/eggs/flour comes from (Cows/chickens/wheat).
Take a photograph/draw a picture of the cake and bring it in to school.
Your child will need to talk about the cake so please make sure they are involved with the baking.
RS – Tuesday 31st October – Wellgate Farm
RR – Tuesday 7th November – Wellgate Farm
Please make sure to send your child to school in their uniform, but wearing a warm coat and wellies. Your child must bring a packed lunch on this day.
Reading: Make sure you read with your child every day and sign their Reading Record at least once a week.
Literacy/Phonics: Children take home their Homework Books on Wednesday and they must be returned every Monday.