What is wellbeing?
Mental wellbeing describes your mental state – how you are feeling and how well you can cope with day-to-day life. It is the state of being comfortable, healthy or happy. As this is the case, it is vitally important that we invest our time and energy on our wellbeing to live a happy and fulfilling life.
If you have good mental wellbeing you are able to:
- feel relatively confident in yourself and have positive self-esteem
- feel and express a range of emotions
- build and maintain good relationships with others
- feel engaged with the world around you
- live and work productively
- cope with the stresses of daily life
- adapt and manage in times of change and uncertainty
General Mental Health and Wellbeing Resources & Services:
Young Minds – children and young people’s mental health charity filled with support and resources: https://youngminds.org.uk/
Mind – mental health charity suitable for all ages with information and support to find the services you need: https://www.mind.org.uk/
Samaritans - a registered charity aimed at providing emotional support to anyone in emotional distress, struggling to cope, or at risk of suicide: https://www.samaritans.org/
CAMHS - Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service are the NHS services that assesses and treat young people with emotional, behavioural or mental health difficulties.
Child mental health and Wellbeing - 10 Top Tips for Parents
Parent's Mental Health and Wellbeing - 10 Top Tips for Parents